Index
Advertisement

Lithium and drugs

Lithium, of electronic structure 1 s2 2 s1, exists in two isotopes, one of mass 6, present at 8%, the other of mass 7, present at 92%. It is an alkaline element very easily ionizable. Its covalent radius is 1.34 Angström and its ion radius 0.60 Angström, very close to that of the Mg2+ ion which is doubly charged.

The quantity of lithium normally present  in the body is extremely low, its plasma concentration is about 1 microgram per liter but it increases after ingestion and especially in the case of treatment where it reaches 0.5 to 0.8 mmol/L (1 mmole = 7 mg).

Index for this chapter:

Your turn
User session
 Register
 Login
Bookmark, share this page
Bookmark and Share
Advertisement

  Last update : August 2007  
© 2000-2019 CdM Editions / P. Allain. All rights reserved
Pharmacorama Charter
webmaster@pharmacorama.com